Friday, May 17, 2024

Things

My Mum will leave tomorrow to join my Dad in Greece, for a well earned holiday. She came to the US with me in mid-Feb, to help bring the kids over from Singapore and accustom me to NJ life. And she has been a great help with house things and the kids. For example every day, she empties out the dishwasher, and gives the kids breakfast (I am the worst morning person ever). Then almost every night, she makes dinner. For quite a while, she also slept with M at night. But of course like all things, she has her own idiosyncrasies that can drive me nuts. For example she loves seafood, so almost every time we went to 99 Ranch or H Mart for groceries, she would buy so much fish and we would be eating fish for days on end (I am not a huge fish fan). Then there is her ability to go shopping for hours on end - she once spent 2h in a Burlington store, and M and I went nuts from boredom. It will be nice to be on my own for a bit, but I will miss her company.

-----

A current general list of things I'd rather do than housework and chores:

1) Read manhwa

2) Play Witcher 3 - I have the Blood and Wine expansion left

3) Crochet the rainbow granny square blanket

4) Crochet sling bags for Shome and Meghna (just finished one for my niece, K, and made 2 for my own girls)

5) Watch Marvelous Women, the current Chinese drama that has stolen my attention (usually done with number 3/4)

There is also:

6) Read the two library books I've borrowed

7) Finish the animal cross stich pattern that I started 2 years ago

No comments: