Friday, August 12, 2011

Holland Village



Bearing absolutely no correlation to anything in this post, I thought I'd load up a picture of a very charming desk I spotted on etsy.

-----

I spent most of today at Holland Village.

I met Sharyl for brunch, eating at Breko Cafe. I had a rather unsatisfactory pancake with Canadian-sausage meal, mainly because it was cold and started to feel greasy. It was good meeting up with her though, seeing as that I haven't seen her in over a year. It transpired she was going to Canada in a few weeks to study in university, which came as a pleasant surprise to me. Of all the friends I still keep in touch with, she really was the oldest one, from when we were both in Secondary 1.

After brunch, I went over to her house for a bit. Partly to help babysit, partly because I wanted to see her niece and nephew, partly because I didn't want to go home and return to Holland Village in a matter of hours. I learned something today: looking after kids is tiring. In the house there were a grand total of 4 adults (Sharyl, me, her dad, her sister) to 2 kids (one 3 year old girl, one 1 year old boy) and they ran everyone ragged. Not only that, I had trouble figuring out what was appropriate for the 3 year old's age group. When she said she wanted to go to the babytv website to play games, I wtf-ed because 3 years old is hardly a baby right?!? I really don't know. Then she said she was hungry and went to eat a sweet that her grandfather gave her, and that's enough to make her full?!? Then I realise I don't know phonics and all and was trying to figure out how to get her to spell 'dancing' and attempted to get her to write C by saying it in a S-sound way (it's like danSing right, come to think of it?!?). Then the 1 year old started crying like mad because he couldn't find his parents.

Ok good thing I won't be a mother any time soon.

Afterwards I met N Seow, and spoke to him as he was getting his haircut. After that I ate Chili at Wendy's because I was dying of hunger. Then when Kyle came to pick up Nic for his farewell dinner, I went home. I spent a good 8 hours at Holland Village.

1 comment:

マジコン said...

Wonderful blog. I am R4i searching the news-r4i
It's a very useful. Acekard 2i Thanks!-acekard 2i
What I have found R4 Card from your site-r4 card
Thanks for the insight. R4 You are absolutely.-r4
very helpful blog!Keep RMT working Thanks!-RMT
Great blog! マジコン happy to this blog-マジコン
This is very dsi マジコン beautiful-dsi マジコン
This is a great 3ds マジコン one..-3ds マジコン
リアルマネートレード---リアルマネートレード
I learn a with アラド戦記 your words-アラド戦記
Great アラド戦記 RMT sharing-アラド戦記 RMT