Monday, May 13, 2013

Rose Petals

I made my montly sojurn into town today to cut my hair, and do some shopping. I had been putting off cutting my hair for about a month because I still felt annoyed at getting charged a Chinese New Year surcharge the last time, nevermind that I cut it in early Jan. Today I finally caved after realised my hair was getting messier and messier especially when I got flustered at work, much to the amusement of my students.

After getting my hair cut, I went to get some books. I bought Ian McEwan's Atonement cause this particular edition caught my eye:

I also got Su Tong's Raise the Red Lantern and Charlotte Street by Danny Wallace. The latter I bought mainly cause it made me think of THAT Charlotte Street right in the middle of Bloomsbury. I suspect it's the same one the book is referencing. I went to Charlotte Street often last time mainly cause of Oxfam, and always walked off with a ton of cheap books for under £10. Man I miss those days. 
Walking by Guess on the way to Kinokuniya just now, I noticed that they use mannequins that are quite different from other shops. The main difference is that the mannequins used by Guess have massive breasts. I'm talking about D/DD size cups here, which is quite disturbing when you notice it. I know Guess aims for the whole 'I'm a sex bomb' market, but does it have to do it in such an obviously tacky way? Their mannequins scream 'bad boob job'. Urgh.
At Ngee Ann City I also stumbled upon the new Laduree branch, and bought some macaroons. The first thing I did when I got home to was indulge in a Rose Petal one. It was light and fluffy, and creamy in the middle. So very tasty mmmm.

No comments: