Sunday, April 21, 2024

Solar Eclipse


On 8th April there was a solar eclipse in our area. I had gotten two pairs of free solar eclipse glasses from the town library the previous Friday, and so was all prepped to see the solar eclipse. When the eclipse started, I was in a playground with my Mum and the kids, and it was cool to see the start of it, but eventually they got tired of the playground and we headed back home. After we got home, I sat outside in the front yard, on a tree stump, and watched the eclipse while reading a book. It started to get very cloudy however, and you couldn't see anything through the solar glasses, so I ended up using a pair of sunglasses to see the eclipse instead. 

Anyway this is a photo I took shortly before the sky got completely blotted out by clouds, close to the peak of the eclipse around 3:20pm local time. It was cool to see.

No comments: