Monday, December 08, 2008

(For the first time ever, a cross posted post! Because I figure one of the intent recipients of this will check his LJ friends page more than the other blog)

Tomorrow I leave for the Philippines. This means that while I am off gallivanting with my classmates, trying to preserve the last dregs of this thing called Classmates, others will be checking into National Service. This means that people like Yeang and Song Yeong will be pretty much absent from my life/msn for the next few months - the forerunners to when the rest of my friends will disappear come early Jan.

The knowledge of this partly terrifies me, but mostly fills me with sadness. Coming from a school where the guys outnumbered females 4 to 1, that's like EVERYONE going in. It doesn't help that I have mostly chosen these people over my old class/schoolmates from MGS.

It must seen quite absurd for me to be worrying and getting distressed over such a thing seeing that I'm not the one who has to suffer by going for NS, yet the idea of almost everyone I hold dear to my heart disappearing from my life overnight scares me. Oh no! It is too soon, too soon! I am not the least bit mentally prepared for all that is going to happen over the next month or so. I don't want to grow up and have to let go. I don't want to be left behind!

But in the meantime: all the best to your NS foray Yeang/Song Yeong, and I'll see you come 6th Jan [ ): ].

No comments: