Saturday, October 02, 2010

THE ARCADE FIRE IS COMING OMG

Apparently a few days ago a Singaporean girl was killed in a hit and run accident in London. Today, skyping with my mother for the first time since I've gotten back (for I've managed to set up the internet account only yesterday evening), she was asking me to take precautions, so I very nicely asked her if I should stop crossing roads. On the walk to school later, I balanced briefly on the edge of the pavement as there was a massive puddle in the middle as a car whizzed by the empty road (Chancery Lane on a weekend). I thought about what would happen if I got hit by a car at that very moment. The headlines would read: Girl laughs at mother's advice, gets hit by car anyway. Will now turn into that girl that parents tell their children about to get them to behave.

-----

Today I took a bus from the Royal Courts of Justice, outside Clement House, to Angel for grocery shopping. To my delight there was a nice busting market there selling fruits (vegetables I'm not too sure about) for insanely cheap prices. £1 for 2 pounds of pink lady apples! I ended up buying my fresh produce from there, then waddling over to Sainsbury to get meat and stuff. I was so overloaded by the time I was done with my marketing. I've hopefully, bought enough meat to last me for the entire week.

Also, the market stall holders were the nicest service people I've run into all week. God does this city have an unusually high percentage of nasty service staff.

The house is nicely cleaned up, and I've pretty much gotten settled into my house/surroundings. Now, for 2nd year to start. My timetable already looks like shite.

No comments: