Monday, November 14, 2011

Da Da Doobie Da

So I went for the first audition of my life today, for the Swing Dance performing group. They wanted 5 girls out of 8, and we had to dance with three different partners, will being videoed. I guess I could do worse but holyshiteventhinkingaboutitnowmakesmefeelallonedge. My track record with auditions is simple: avoid at all costs. Similarly with interviews, presentations and exams, I crack at the idea of being analysed for my skillz. Still as far as auditions go, it was not intimidating at all. Feel annoyed that I missed so much of the beginning because it turned out the class was learning the routine for the auditions and I had to catch up really quickly - thus making a ton of mistakes in the beginning of the routine. Learnt a few names of those friendly faces around class though, so that was worth something. Friendly guy I like to dance with is called Ulrich.

Meanwhile being the retard I am, I sort of ran away from guy-that-I-find-attractive when he offered to teach me the beginning routine during the break. I'm totally mentally facepalming now as I think about it. That and he's a really great dancer. Su and the Singaporean girl I met in class, were talking about the auditions as we left class and we agreed [let's call him] G (attractive guy) was the single most best dancer in class. He'd definitely get into the performing group. Ahblagrpadhcw8ru3902

Babysat on Fri, today (reason why I was late for swing class), tomorrow and Weds. Will write about it soon I guess, cause I'm still too busy kicking myself over G to think straight.

No comments: