Sunday, December 25, 2011

Peace on earth and goodwill to all men: EXCEPT IF YOU'RE DAFT

Facebook now is filled with all sorts of happy musings on loving the world and loving mankind. I however, feel quite the contrary but shall restrict my grinch like mood to this space. After all I seek to rant, not attract unwarranted attention from even more daft people.

Today is Christmas day. I came back from Munich on the 20th Dec at night. I spent the 21st being utterly depressed that I'd come to to find the house in such an utterly filthy and messy state - that and cleaning for half a day. Now I am by nature a messy person, but I restrict it to my own cave. Furthermore I am not a dirty person, I am instead totally OCD about dirt. So coming back from a very nice holiday, it was possibly the worst thing to greet me, although I did already mentally prepare myself for it. So point is: I cleaned up on the 21st to an acceptable level (Tiff'd have made it way cleaner though).

Last night however, I spent the first hour of Christmas cleaning up the kitchen. It was filthy again. I was very very frustrated, as I'd really cleaned only just days ago and the kitchen had fallen into such a state so rapidly. Then this morning I took all the rags out of the machine and discovered to my great displeasure that there were 10 rags. Now I don't know about you lot, but in my world when rags get dirty, my instinct is to clean them. And if you're not going to clean them, throw them away. But neither of this happened. So instead my kitchen is full of rags drying now. It's really too ridiculous for words and damn if this hasn't turned me into a grinch.

No comments: