Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Last Post of 2011

Tomorrow, I'm headed to Morocco with Cheam, Jia, Paul and Yihang. Specifically Fes, Meknes, Casablanca, then Marrakesh.

In the shower I was thinking about the whole of 2011, and realised it was probably my most travelled year. New Year's itself was spent in Wurzburg, then I embarked on two epic trips during Summer: one a Scandinavian cruise and the other a trek/backpacking across most of South East Asia. Then recently I went with my mum to Austria-Germany, and we covered Vienna, Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck, then Munich. Other smaller trips include two beach holidays, one to Malaysia and the other to Bintan. Then there was the trekking trip to Snowdonia. Lots of travelling indeed!

Spent today at the National Archives, being grumpy from a lack of sleep and low blood sugar. Had the world's worst possible cup of tea (what tea brand is worse than P&G tips?!) for £1.15 too. Only bright spot was that I got to do some of the work I wanted, and one of the security guards was really nice to me.

Two random images to round off this very short post:


This is the bike I cycled on all the way from Russell Square to Earl's Court on Christmas day, because there was no public transport. Almost got killed a few times, and crashed into a parked vehicle en route. Didn't cycle all the way alone though, met Jia at her place along Baker Street and cycled the rest of the way with her. Spent Christmas with Yihang's friends, watched Home Alone 2 and Contagion, along with 2 eps of Game of Thrones. Mmm.



And this was just a bit of the archival work I was looking at today.

AND another note: I just saw a mouse run by my room door. NOT COOL. This, I blame directly on my flatmate: see previous post. I flipped out yesterday when they told me, and only because I'd seen it run past me in the kitchen.

Merry New Year, I think.

No comments: