Friday, June 22, 2012

Chevron



I don't know why, but I've been obsessed with chevrons lately. Tricky since chevrons aren't exactly a thing you wear, or decorate a place with. It's more like just a pattern on a cloth, and according to etsy, a popular choice for baby things (?!?!). Funny 'cause chevrons, besides being a pattern, remind me more of military usage, as ranks on uniforms. 

I have gone into full-scale loafing about after coming back from Spain. I remember little of what I have done over the past few days. Monday I went to court with Joaquin over the old landlord case, Tuesday was the England v. Ukraine match. Wednesday was Salsa (I tried a 2 hour lesson) and yesterday Joaquin and I watched Havana Rumba. But besides those 'significant events', I have no bloody recollection of what I did in between. I guess I went to the gym twice, had half a Waitrose Caesar Salad somewhere. Strange because comparatively, I remember my Spain trip pretty well. Perhaps it's 'cause I took the effort to write lots of things down in my dinky journal/diary.

Yesterday was unusually busy. Had lunch with J Foo at Tinseltown, then I met with Dex for coffee (tea for me - I usually get the fancy schmancy sounding Eight Butterflies Tea) at Fleet River. Then I rushed back to change and meet Joaquin at his, taking the tube down to Southbank. After we got back to his, we hung out with his flatmates as it was the 2nd last night before their dorm lease expires. 

Today I met CH for lunch at Abeno. Had okonomiyaki with noodles, and damn was I full. Then we took a little walk to drop off the stuff I wanted to donate to Oxfam. Rained on and off. Hung out with CH for a bit in his place, then I came back to chase what must have been 8 flies out of my room. Not sure why, but there are a hell lot of flies in our place now. They just cling to the windows (they're as unhappy at being in my room as I am with them) and won't fly out if I just merely open the windows. Instead I need to fling about with a magazine and curse at them (ok, don't really the cursing bit) before they slip out. These flies are massive too! Never seen such huge ones back home before. 

I guess I ought to write a wee bit about Spain before I go on my Turkish trip on Monday (at 6am in the bloody morning!!!). Soon. Tomorrow, or something.

No comments: