Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Moo

One thing I absolutely loathe about the holiday season is how I will invariably always end up frustrated and hating my job because it's precisely at this period that they completely forget that teachers are human too, and instead treat us like cattle - creatures whose feelings can be easily disregarded and thrown at to pad up numbers. I hate being treated this way (but then again, would anyone like to be treated this way?) and feel like I lose a bit of myself. I lose the reason why I got into this profession in the first place, I lose my good temper and affability and I lose my health.

I am literally counting down the hours till I am off to Krabi with Ianthe. I need some of my vitality restored again before I turn into some child-management-eating monster. CHOMP I shall go, as I bite the head off some hapless human, and laugh I will over their blood splattering everywhere.

I am oh so weary and frustrated of my job now.

Then again even though I'm so tired of this job, I know I'm at least doing a passably good job of it when I see the smiles and cheerful goodbyes of my students. 

No comments: