Wednesday, May 27, 2020

French Alphabet Blocks


This weekend was the first time I have purchased anything from Facebook Marketplace. Before, I was vaguely aware it existed, but used only Craigslist when I was purchasing 2nd hand furniture for the apartment I shared with Marina in 2015, and then 2nd hand wedding decor in 2017. Now one of my habits is to just go on Facebook Marketplace and look at the random baby things for sale near me.

Last Saturday however, I happened to go on and see that someone nearby had listed these blocks for $15. I had seen them online before (retails around $45), they come in a variety of languages, and thought they looked cool, but wasn't sure if they were worth the money. At $15 however, and in French (side note: Jon reads to Elizabeth in French, somehow his French is better than his Tagalog or Mandarin, lol), they were a steal.

Today I finally got round to cleaning then with a mixture of vinegar and water, and then I laid them all out on newspaper to dry and counted 32 blocks, which I thought was a little unusual. Then I went online to check the item on the official website and it says it comes in sets of 28. So I thought maybe more blocks were included by accident and flipped them all onto the animal side - but no, they were all in French too.

I am confused. What a weird mystery.

No comments: