Friday, June 26, 2020

Snapshot


I was originally intending to write something a lot more in depth, now that things have opened up here a bit, but I am exhausted after cleaning. E and I have gone on a total of 2 playdates with our old buddies (old as in, knew before quarantine, lol) C and S, and met a new Mom and her kiddo, J and A, at Tilles Park.

E celebrated her 1st birthday last weekend, and Jon and I had a zoom party with her and our families. I baked a three tier carrot cake - the first carrot cake I've ever made, and also the first three tiered cake I've ever made - and had a freak out last Friday evening when I realised there was no way to put the cake into the fridge without it drying out, as we had no container. In the end, Jon went to Schnuck's last minute and bought two big aluminum trays meant for roasting turkeys, and taped them together, lol. Cheapest and most simple cake container ever. It's crazy to think that E is already 1 year old, and I am very glad. A year ago, it felt like I wouldn't make it as a Mum, but I guess I must have.

This week was a huge ball of stress trying to arrange things for the new house, while also taking care of this apartment and baby. I am glad that most of the pressing things have been dealt with, and that the end of the week has finally arrived.

No comments: