Thursday, July 23, 2020

New Stamps



I went to the Clayton post office today after several months to mail off some packages and buy some stamps. I don't know if you know this, but I am a huge sucker for nice designs on stamps. If there is a nice and cute version, why would I want to boring pre-printed ones from those machines, or a pharmacy? So I usually wait until I go to a post office to buy a whole bunch of stamps at one go, thus ensuring we have a supply of nice stamps at home. These stamps were from my latest visit today, and apparently the fruit and vegetables ones just came out. The state and country fairs one however, is really cool and is actually a series of 4 stamps that forms 1 larger image:


So anyway, very cool. 

-----

For the last 4 days, I have been out everyday. Part necessary errands, part cross stitching and embroidering mania. I feel a little bad that I have been out so much in a pandemic, but as Jon pointed out it's also probably from feeling pent up at being home throughout the pandemic, and now feeling more comfortable with driving as we have a 2nd car. 

This phase kind of started last week Tuesday after I got a huge surge of anxiety from dealing with (and driving to) the new house. Now I am actively trying to tamp down this somewhat manic stage, because as I mentioned, I feel bad and irresponsible even though I take all the necessary precautions like mask wearing and carrying E inwards in a carrier. Though now given that I think I have finally finished all my errands, and have practically bought something like 50% of the entire DMC thread collection, I think I will be staying home for the next week, unless I need to do grocery shopping. 

This has been a list of all the places I have been since last Wednesday to today:
14 July - New House, Schnucks
15 July - Target, JoAnn Fabric
16 July (with Jon, as he had the day off) - Target, Hobby Lobby, Once Upon a Child (last 2 in the same strip mall)
18 July - JoAnn Fabric, Marshalls, Buy Buy Baby, Ross Dress For Less (all in the same strip mall)
20 July - JoAnn Fabric, Marshalls, Buy Buy Baby, Dollar Tree, Aldi (first 3 in the same strip mall)
21 July - Michaels, Walgreens
22 July - Hobby Lobby, Burlington Coat Factory, Aldi (all in same strip mall), Walgreens
23 July - Post Office, Target, UPS Store, Schnucks

No comments: