Friday, May 07, 2021

Mother's Day 2021

Recently Jon has been pretty slammed at work, so this year for Mother's Day I decided to DIY almost everything myself (he will be cooking the steaks though). I don't mind because I see Mother's Day as really just an excuse to eat good food, and I don't feel like a 'Mother' anyway. Today after spending almost 2 hours at Millennium Park with Lynne, our neighbour, E and I went to Trader Joe's on the way home. I already had some idea of a menu for dinner on Sunday, but decided to also add some stuff to the menu after getting some inspiration from looking around. While there, I also couldn't help buying some flowers for myself, even though I had told Jon that I didn't need/want Mother's Day flowers. I ended getting a mixed bunch with some sunflowers in them, and another smaller bunch of red spray roses.

After putting E down for a nap, I finally got around to arranging them on the dining table:



Anyway for Mother's Day this year, the menu will be:
- Caprese salad (need to buy some Basil)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Filet Mignon steak
- Roasted baby potatoes
- Side of veg (not sure what yet)
- Torta Caprese with fresh mixed berries (Flourless Chocolate cake)

Upon reflection, this menu features an awful lot of the word 'Caprese'. What a strange coincidence.

No comments: