Friday, August 27, 2021

A Friday

In an effort to save money/initially being unsure of what to do with myself, we pared down E's Montessori from 5 days full days to 3 half days. This was because Jon and I were trying to conceive #2 this year, hence me going back to work didn't seem to make sense (not to mention all the Covid-19 craziness still in the educational sector). So we reduced the amount of days that we had originally applied and were waitlisted for, and were given Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday half days from 8:30am to 11:30am. This means that I have 2 full days where I need to figure out how to entertain an extremely rambunctious toddler. 

Yesterday at least I sort of had a plan before the day started. I wanted to drop by a hardware store to get anti-fly stuff (we have a bad housefly problem at home), pick up second-hand maternity clothes that I had purchased off FB Marketplace, and return clothes to Target. I managed to accomplish this all yesterday, dropping by a HomeGoods store and a Whole Foods to boot, mainly because they were also in the same shopping mall lot as the Target.

Today however, I kind of dreaded, as I didn't have a plan. E has toddler gym at 10:30am, but that left a lot of other free time to fill. Plus it is also terribly hot (area heat advisory), so going for a walk or visiting a park/playground was completely out of the question. In the morning however, over breakfast/getting ready, E and I (well mainly me of course), had an impromptu video chat session with Jia. Then we went to the gym, and it turned out Open Gym (where the kids can have free run of the place) was scheduled from 11:30am to 12:30pm. So we hung around for Open Gym, then headed next door to eat a quick lunch at Jimmy John's. After that, on the way to the library, we stopped to get a Strawberry Milk Bubble Tea (tad too sweet). It was also our first time visiting the Thornhill branch of the library, and it was really nice and modern. We had to leave a little earlier than I wanted to however, as E was starting to get wild and run around like a lunatic. 

By the time we got home, it was about 1:50pm, and I felt bone tired. While E played, I cleaned up a little, and then we read some books. At 2:40pm, I finally put her down for her nap. Now I'm just sitting at the computer and typing this, feeling the weariness in my body, but also feeling satisfied that I've successfully entertained and occupied the both of us for a day. 

Tonight's dinner will be Dan Dan Noodles. I made that earlier in the week, so I have less work to do today, which is a nice relief. I can sit down and enjoy the majority of my break today without having to worry/feel guilty about outstanding chores like laundry.  

Tomorrow however, is a new day, and I have no idea what to do. A week ago we ended up at the zoo, and the week before that St. Charles. Tomorrow will also be really hot again, so outdoor things are out of the question. At least Jon will be around however, to help me watch E/come up with ideas.

No comments: