Monday, August 23, 2021

First Official Day of Montessori

Today was E's first official day of Montessori! The impact of it didn't really hit me because E has been going for twice a week Summer Camp since she turned 2 back in late June, but today as I drove her to school I noticed the many kids and their parents waiting by the main road outside our subdivision. Then, as I drove on a little bit more, I saw the erstwhile yellow school bus rolling down the road in the opposite direction. I started to think about how I had never really seen this scene before (because before we were indoors/in bed when this all happened), and how it was my first time now experiencing this as a parent. I then realised that for some sad reason, I don't recall clearly how the first day of my student teaching in East Harlem/teaching in Singapore went, but presumably they went seamlessly enough for me to not remember very much. 

Anyway that is pretty much it for my 5 minute car musing, as I drove E to school. Drop off went off without a hitch, and there was no crying involved because E was at familiar with the school and setting, from her Summer Camp there. After I pick her up later we need to go to Sam's Club to get groceries and gas. 

No comments: