Sunday, December 12, 2021

Christmas Baking

Last year I made a whole bunch of Peanut Butter Blossom cookies for my neighbours, friends + Jon's work - and I also learned what a bloody hassle they are to make because they require several steps and still contain a 15% failure rate of the Hershey's kisses not sticking. This year I decided to make an easier combination of Chocolate Chip and Walnut cookies, Double Chocolate Mint Chip cookies, and Blueberry Corn muffins for my neighbours. For those with younger kids, I gave the more regular Chocolate Chip cookies, for the neighbours with older kids/just adults, I gave the Double Chocolate Mint Chip cookies, and for the older folk/more health conscious lot, I gave the muffins. In total over the last 7 days I baked for 3 rounds, and did 2 rounds of distribution. While less efficient than last year, I think this route proved to be a lot less stressful, especially today when I could just drop off the last round of cookies without a toddler in tow. 

Anyway for this season I baked at least: 

  • 102 Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 22 Blueberry Corn Muffins
  • 72 Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
I thought I'd be done baking after accounting for all my neighbours, but some of the staff at Jon's work gave him a small baby shower gift for #2. Hence, I'll be baking yet another round tomorrow of Double Chocolate Chip cookies, since I definitely overbought Andes mint chips. 

No comments: