Monday, August 09, 2010

I suddenly realise how much I miss MS Paint


...because I can't add "WTF IS THIS?!" to pictures that deserve it. In other news I have also been informed that he also looks like "Malaysia's Superhero" (said by Jon Kong), Cicakman:



And in other news, I watched the National Day Parade with my parents. My Dad was going on about how this would be my last National Day in Singapore, which made me feel kinda :x inside. It also got me thinking again of how a long long time ago (well, maybe 6 years), I wanted to do nursing and join the army as a medic. Now I think about it more though the lens of 'at least it'll give me stability and a clear career path'. I really have no idea what to do with my life, especially what to do with my life that will make me happy,

-----
A number of Sundays ago on the 25 of July I had a family dinner at my Guo Mah's place in Lorong Ah Soo. The whole family was there. It took my Aunty Janet's death to draw the family closer, resulting in them deciding to have a Laksa party, along with other foods. There I spoke to a lot of my relatives (quite rare) and they seemed to be really proud of me and were genuinely happy to see me. It made me think about how although we were not very close, the bond of simply being family was still there. They asked a lot about London, and I told them it was very cold, but also that Singapore was way too hot for me. They laughed and asked about the food. There, I pigged out on the fried you char kuay.

Last last Saturday the 31st of July, I went out with Daryl, Jia and Paul Chu for steamboat dinner in Crystal Jade, nearby Bugis. We ate like pigs, ordered lots of food and kept getting random food sent to our table instead. It was great fun. I feel hungry now just thinking about it, om nom nom nom. After that, we heaved our filled bellies a few metres away for some nice deserts (watermelon and sago for me). Then, we walked to iluma, which was the first time I walked in, and it was really fail. We then wandered over to Rochor for tau huay chui which was DAMN GOOD, and some you char kway. By the time we finished eating, it was 11:30pm, and we all raced for the last modes of transport home.

Last Monday the 2nd of August, I feel slightly ill and went to the doctor's in the morning. After that I wandered over to my grandparent's to spend some time with them. I ate some biscuits, talked to both grandparents a lot. It was probably one of the few times I've spoken to my grandpa so much, because he is a man of few words. He gave me an unused tea cup (with a strainer for tea leaves). A few months ago when I came back from the UK, I was at their house and felt sleepy because I was still suffering from jet lag. I fell asleep in their room with the air conditioner turned on, and was awakened when he came into the room and covered me with his blanket. That memory still sticks with me, because it was one of the few times it really occurred to me that my yeh yeh loves me. I went out later with my Mama to do some snake-oil foot bath electrolysis shit. The woman asked me if I smoked, because the water turned into the colour meant to indicate smoking. Nothing, could be further from the truth. However, as an aside, I still believe reflexology works because they managed to figure out I have severe stomach problems. After that, we had yong tau foo for lunch. I met NSeow for a Mcdonald's dinner and Au Revoir Taipei - which was really really silly, aha.

On Wednesday, the 4th of August, I had lunch with the new analysts as part of some pseudo welcoming team. Same thing on Thursday.

Friday the 6th of August, there were after work drinks to welcome the new analysts with the entire team and to say goodbye to one of the analysts, Big Boss D included (or the royal family as someone refers to them). There was a drunk guy that awkwardly walked up to us and stared at us (in a suit, at Harry's at the Marina Bay Sail nonetheless, maybe he was a broker that just lost/won a lot of money), and then came around later and said HELLO and we all ignored him. After that I joined the leaving analyst, and the other senior one for drinks at 5 where I met another associate that left M/s A just last week. Like KJ who also left the CE team last week, he was really happy and so glad to have left. It made me think about how loads of people were just dying to be in M/s A, but at the same time loads of people were also dying to get out of them. I rushed backed and watched Lammbock with Christoph via skype.

Weekend, I was in Bintan with my Mummy. It was nice, but in the waters off Mayang Sari, we saw two jellyfish. I suspect my mum might lack certain survival skills because her reaction was to go "oh a jellyfish, maybe it's a weird shadow?" whereas mine was "OH MY FUCKING GOD, RUN!!!". I saw two of them, the first being a MASSIVE ONE the size of my 13" laptop at least, at which my mum said the aforementioned comment, and a later smaller one the size of my palm. On the second day, we met an elderly French couple who said the man got stung the day before, but it was OK now. Still, not very comforting.

And alas, it is work tomorrow.

No comments: