Thursday, March 15, 2012

Adventure Time

I have class at 9am tomorrow, but don't feel like sleeping. Instead I'm watching episodes of Adventure Time with Finn and Jake online. Not that amused by it too, but somehow I just feel like watching more episodes.

After my Napoleon class today I stayed in the 4th floor to work on my dissertation till 9pm. Shu and Eduardo were there when I came, but all left halfway. Soon, the 4th floor restaurant emptied too and when I left I was the only one. I am completely frustrated at my inability to write out my thoughts for my dissertation smoothly. Instead everything sounds trite and annoying. Ahgahbarghhhh. Besides writing my dissertation, I was also waiting for Tomiko, to pass her some party tickets that Shu left for me. When Tomiko finally came, she brought a friend called James with her. His lips were blue in colour, and looked mighty odd, apparently because he'd been helping himself to loads of red wine during dinner. Which seems a bit counter-intuitive, come to think of it, because shouldn't red wine make your lips redder rather than a I-am-dead sort of shade of blue? I pointed that out, but they ignored me.

Ended up talking a bit about my dissertation to them as we walked down and out of LSE, since James is apparently a 'fanatic' of genocides. Sort of like me I suppose. He asked me what I was writing about, and I found it a bit hard to sum up. I will however, be eternally thankful to Tomiko who managed to sum it up in her usual deadpan manner: "It's about how Britain fucked up in dealing with Armenia". I feel like somehow now, my dissertation is easier to think about. Like it's less intimidating. Ahaha.

On my way back, I cut past Ye Olde White Horse. A man in a suit, out of a group of many men in many suits, shouted 'Girl!' at me as I walked past. Feeling sort of bold (and partly caught up thinking about my dissertation), I turned to them as I was walked and said 'Hi'. The lot of them then burst out cheering, and one shouted 'Ni Hao!' I didn't turn back to look at them though, and continued walking. Must say though, the experience makes me smile because it is oh-so-silly.

After I got back, I started to make a second dinner for myself (after watching some Adventure Time). No one was home and I had the flat to myself. I wanted to make a garlic, chili and olive oil base pasta. I ended up dumping in too much chili flakes, and my mouth went numb and my insides shuddered as I ate it. It was tasty though. After eating the pasta, I watched a bit of Criminal Minds before deciding to draw myself a bath. Then as I soaked in it, I started to read Bret Easton Ellis' Glamorama. For a while I suddenly thought to myself, 'hmm, is this what solitary grown-up life feels like? Get home late from work to an empty flat, cook dinner, watch a bit of tv, shower, sleep?' Oh well.

Last night I watched The Ring and Team America with Dex, Jou and Jade. The Ring wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be, because the pivotal scary scene had been parodied and referenced so much in pop culture. Team America was nice though, because I FINALLY WATCHED IT. It's one of those kept-meaning-to-but-never-did sort of things. Yesterday was Japanese day too, cause I had lunch at Koya with Jou and Dex, followed by Atariya with Evelyn, Cielo and Jia. Then of course I watched The Ring, the original Japanese version.

Going to Scotland on Sat to meet Ianthe.

1 comment:

Melodie Norman Haas said...

Just wanted to say I love the way you spell your name, I have only met two other Melodies!

Another Melodie