Monday, March 05, 2012

More fruitseller stories

Today I woke up to a bright a chilly day, feeling much better. I finally set out to run long pressing errands, like sending postcards which I dated 12 Feb (the actual date I wrote them) off. And of course I walked by the fruitseller. Since about 1 and a half months ago, I noticed he obtained a new set of outwear, mainly some strange red tartan fleece thing. I guess it's a nice contrast to his other faded dark blue hoodie. But somehow, because I got so used to seeing him in that blue hoodie, the red fleece looks outright jarring on him.

Anyway since it was chilly, I asked him if I could get him anything, like perhaps tea? After all, no one drinks the mint tea we have in the house. Not to mention, no one really knows how it got into our cupboards in the first place, since no one recalls actually buying it. Anyway he said he didn't want tea, but wanted hot water, and handed me his flask instead. As I was about to walk away, he did the normal 'wait wait!' thing and started grabbing random fruits to give to me, and as usual I protested. Mainly because no one eats all the fruits he gives us anyway, and they often rot in some corner of our kitchen. This time however, he said 'nono, you are my sister!'. I was greatly amused. When I told my flatmates, they all went 'awwww'.

Ahaha.

Going to go swing dance later, can't wait!

No comments: