Monday, October 29, 2012

Ugly Stickers

It's the 6th week since I've started working in my first real job (although I mistakenly told a senior teacher I was observing last week that it was my 7th week then). I've finally worked long enough to kinda lose count as to when I've started working, which says something I guess. I had to check a desk calendar to count the weeks properly.

Work so far has its up and downs. Usually I'm so bored of myself/sleeping/reading/doing nothing that by Tuesday I'm raring to go. By Thursday/Friday I find that I can't wake up and Saturday is usually a whole day of me sitting stunned at my desk. Of course tonight is Monday night and I'm (excitedly?) thinking of what I need to do tomorrow when I get to work, thinking about the classes I need to plan and etc. Then of course you need to factor in Classes From Hell which I seem to be the only one of the newbies getting, which stresses me to such astronomical levels and whittles away at my self-confidence to such an extent that I feel that I either ought to be fired or quit before I get fired. Arghgarghbargh.

Hopefully my classes this week will be good.

-----

Today my brother managed to spent 2 hours eating his dinner. I don't know how he managed to do that, but I found it annoying for some reason.

I'm currently reading The Sisters Brothers, which I started on Saturday evening, and it's proving to be a real enjoyable read. In Littlebourne with Joaquin, we used to play Antonio's Red Dead Redemption. The Sisters Brothers reminds me quite a lot of Red Dead Redemption. Similar Wild West setting, the archetypical sort of characters, and the same sort of absurd many-happenings. It'll probably make my 2012 Top Ten List.

No comments: