Thursday, June 06, 2013

156

Took the 156 back home today as usual, except this time I got one of those old early 2000s type rickety-shuddery buses rather than the new sleek stable ones. The interior was pretty dark as some of the ceiling lightbulbs has blown, and the windows were frosted beyond belief with thick droplets on condensation. In short you couldn't really read on the bus (as I am wont to do every time with BBC on my phone) or look thoughtfully out the window. Plus I started to develop a headache from being shaken about. I tried closing my eyes initially, but somehow felt even worse. Instead as the bus trundled  down its route, I started looking around.

As a prominent stop, a male Indian boy and a Chinese girl got on the bus and sat right in front of me. I mention the race because I have a soft spot for mixed race couples, and I was somehow eager to see something different on the bus. Maybe she'd lean on his shoulder or something. Anyway she soon got off, telling him to 'let her know how things go'. I was about to turn back to attempting to read the news of my phone when I noticed he was holding his phone up so high, that I could read his texts. My eyes were also drawn to the fact that he was typing 'Fuckkkkkkkkkk' into my phone.

Shamefully, I ended up eyes-dropping on him. There was simply nothing else to do on the bus to keep me stimulated or entertained, and I longed to be off and reach home. The best thing seemed to be keeping mentally occupied, so I wouldn't notice how damn slow the bus was moving. I surmised that he was probably texting a sister, as their exchange centered mainly around him being horrendously late for something, and the word that cropped up in almost every reply back to her was 'Fuckkkkkkkkkk' with multiple 'k's. Poor lad. I assume it's his Dad he's worried about, considering his age.

He got off a few stops before me, so I assume whatever he was fearing on the bus has either come true around now, or has already passed. This sort of reminds me a little about Das Leben Der Anderen, but is obviously more selfish and anti-social. Oops.

I had a long and tiring day at work. 

No comments: