Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dilbert and Haze


I sort of feel a bit like this now from work. Am feeling really tired and would LOVE to just stop teaching and be able to clear all those compositions that have been weighing on my mind. Unfortunately that's not about to happen any time soon. Instead the haze has gone and reduced my productivity by at least 30% by making me feel giddy and mentally displaced from whatever is in front of me. I took an MC today, hoping that I could rest and get well for the rest of the week, unfortunately the damn thing's gone and peaked at 290+ which means my resting today could well nigh be in vain.

I'm currently reading Vanity Fair now by William Makepeace Thackeray. I can't remember when I started it, Saturday or Sunday evening perhaps, and am now quite besotted. Only thing I must say about it that's bad is that it is slow paced (considering I just finished a PD James novel - Death in Holy Orders) and it is INCREDIBLY heavy and thick, making reading it in a comfortable position pretty unattainable.

I currently taste smoke and ash at the back of my throat. Seriously. 

No comments: