Thursday, September 30, 2021

Man Plans and God Laughs

Yesterday I wrote about the things I had done and scheduled for the rest of the week. Well, as I write this now less than 24 hours, part of that plan for today has been all shot to hell. I was ushering E into the car when I tried to open the garage door and it suddenly gave a very loud KLUNK as it got stuck sideways. After some swearing (E has now learned the F-word), I determined that the cable on one of the sides of the garage door had completely rusted through, and that I need a garage door technician to come fix it. 

Anyway I managed to get hold of someone who came immediately, and he is currently working in the garage as I type this, so maybe our schedule today hasn't been entirely shot to hell. Which is a bit of a relief because I haven't seen Ilse in about 2 months, and seeing as she is heavily pregnant now, might not be able to see her for a while afterwards.

As an aside, I'm pretty relieved that E didn't put up too much of a fuss at the change in plans. I had told her yesterday that we were going to the gym today, and as I was getting her out of the house earlier had mentioned the gym. She seems to have understood that something was wrong with the garage door, and the little angry walk we took after seems to have placated her (and me, as we ran into some close neighbours and were able to vent).

No comments: