Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Schedule at 4 Weeks + 1 Day Old

My daily schedule currently looks like this:

10am - Wake up, pump, eat breakfast

Early afternoon - Lunch, go out (sometimes)

Mid afternoon - Quick walk around the neighbourhood, pump

5:30pm - Shower

6pm - Dinner (though the past few days, these have all inched later by 15 to 30 mins)

6:30pm - Pump

7pm - Go to bed

7:30pm - Switch off lights, try to sleep

11:30pm to 12:30am (time varies) - Get woken up by crying M, feed, put to sleep. Pump and eat. Go and lie down and try to sleep for an hour

2 hours from putting M down (repeats at 2 hour intervals, ex. 1am, 3am, 5am) - Get woken up by crying M, feed, put to sleep, change a diaper somewhere around 1 or 3am. Go back to sleep for a bit.

If it's the 5am or 6am feed - Pump and eat

6:30am - My Mum gets up and takes over responsibility for M; I go to sleep

Next week however, I need to send E to school at 8:30am on Tuesday and Friday, so that throws the schedule into disarray. And given that my anxiety is barely held at bay by this schedule, I'm really not looking forward to this change. Still, it's good that E's school has been able to take her now for Monday, Tuesday, and Friday until 3:30pm, which gives my Mum and I some respite at home. 

M turned 4 weeks yesterday, and will be 1 month old in 2 days on the 24th. 

No comments: