Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The case of the amazing scarf multiplier.

It's late at night, past the hour of nine and she came to me all confused, wearing her simple clothes and hair tied back. She's forlorn, yet has a look of shock on that face of hers.

"I...I don't know what happened Sir!"

Ah. A new case? I sit up in my seat and take the smoking pipe out of my mouth.

"Don't worry little lady. Detective McNab can solve anything."

I'm interested.

"You see sir, today I was folding my guide uniform for school tomorrow..."

She stops abruptly. I turn to look at her and adjust my hat for a better view. She starts again.

"I was folding my uniform sir, and and.... I found another scarf! I've never seen it before and I don't know where it's come from!"

I knocked my pipe on the floor in shock.

To be continued... When I find out who's scarf it is.

No comments: