Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Today I went to Liselle's house for the Christmas party. The last time I had been to her house was when I was Sec 1, for her birthday party. Anyway she gave me the directions for the buses to take to her house.

I left the house around 2 PM and boarded 156, which would take me to Macritchie, where I would change buses. The thing about the Macritichie bus stop is that there are 2 of them - very confusing! I forgot that she had told me earlier to go to the inner bus stop and instead I was at the outer bus stop, reading the bus directory. When a bus that I could take came, I stupidly went to try and flag it down -.- Then when it went to the inner bus stop I realised my mistake. Ugh, i bet everyone thought I was a real loser -.-

Then when 165 came, I boarded the bus. When I boarded the bus, I immediately recalled that I had forgotten to count the number of bus stops on the directory. Argh. Instead I had to look out of the bus windows intently. However even that could not prevent me from missing my stop, in fact I missed many stops! I completely did not see Thomson Plaza at all, or else I would have gotten off at the next stop. So anyway, onwards I rode on the bus, till I kind of felt that the bus was way too far from where I remembered Thomson Plaza to be - and it was turning out from Thomson Road!

I guess the reason that I mainly stayed on the bus was that I kept hoping that I hadn't missed it yet. Argh. Anyway I ended up dropping off at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1. I crossed the road, but by then I was quite fed up with buses since I had obviously missed the place the first time even though I did remember my directions, just not by bus. Fed up and feeling stubborn, I decided to walk there instead.

Now looking at StreetDirectory.com, it turns out I walked 2.5km within 25 mins, and I arrived at Liselle's place around 3:08. Towards the end of the trip, maybe the last 700m or so? it started to RAIN. ARGHHHHH. Then when I had to cross a huge intersection, I went to press the 'cross road' button thing - then I realised it was for the other direction, not the one I wanted. Then it was red light for the direction I didn't want and all the motorists were staring at me. I remember hitting myself on the head with Stephanie's present around that time out of frustation. GAH.

When I reached the place, I was at the lobby when Stephanie came and we both went up together. To our surprise only one other visitor was there - Hui Ming. We both thought that there'd be more people there, but most people arrived only around 3:30PM. MGS girls, always late!

Anyway I had a lot of fun there, especially on the com. Her computer is located in the middle of the living room on the coffee table - what a weird place :/ Anyway it made mass viewing possible. At first Anthea went to some infamous people's blogs, that was very entertaining. Then Liselle's friend started talking to 'her' so Stephanie and I replied weird stuff to her which ranged from super high person to weirdo cult mormon girl who increases her fertility by watching About A Boy (the movie that was showing then). Very fun, hahaha!

Then I decided to log onto the Anna account and started talking to our dear AZN Freak (will post more under the Anna section) which also provided a lot of entertainment for everyone + I got him enable webcam. The group of us was mainly Steph, Jia Hui, Anthea, Shu Wen, Liz, Amanda (the one called Fei Mao) and this ex-MGS girl whose name I keep forgetting.

There was the present game, which was basically like a gift exchange. The gift I gave was this body shop Bergamot lotion and shower foam thing. I picked Amanda's Hello Kitty bag because it looked so insanely weird, not like I like Hello Kitty or anything. I half expected the thing inside to be some weird Hello Kitty thing but it was this green letter writing set. LOL.

Anyway I left together with Steph, ex-MGS girl, Sharyl, Ashikyn (sp?) and Anthea. My dad came to pick Steph, ex-MGS girl and me up. Then Steph's father came to my house to pick both of them up since they live nearby each other. I feel kinda tired now though, especially after my 'great' adventure getting lost today. The last time I got lost was when I was 11, at Bukit Batok Interchange with Phua Ai Lin. Hahaha. Good old less resourceful and street smart times - we ended up taking a taxi back to school.

No comments: