Monday, May 25, 2009

This is supposedly the 1000th post on this blog

The original title of this post was supposed to be " 'let me check with my husband first' ".

I started work today in another firm, the newly mysterious M/s P-. Probably not a very good idea after an exhausting jam packed weekend that started with Bum Friday with Ianthe, Stephanie and JH (Flight of the Conchords marathon and playing Little Big Planet) then went to Bridge Saturday meeting lots of new people and some old familiar faces that ended at 2 a.m. when Nick sent me home (also first time I sat in Wesley's car... Wesley who doesn't slow down when he makes turns. More thrilling than a rollercoaster ride). Then there was Movie Sunday with a random spontaneous movie session of Night At The Museum 2 with YH, Nick and ZY which ended at 9:30 p.m. plus. This huge flurry of activites left me feeling rather drained last night. Thus, I died this morning when I was given actual! responsibilities! that! required! my! brain! (as compared to my last job, doing about the same thing).

Today I must say was an interesting day. I arrived early and spent 40 minutes waiting for the partner who hired me (also my direct superior now), S. I spent most of it thinking about how ugly the reception table looked with the glowing flourescent blue lights, then pondering about why there was such a incongruous bronze-like sculpture of a weeping girl dumped in the corner of reception. Maybe she saw her bill from the firm, because as I was later to learn the solicitors in this firm bill by the hour. Apparently the rate for work done by me is $60 an hour, of which I see less than 10% of. How exciting.

This job is also quite dodgy. Dodgier than my old one with the defamation suit which required numerous onlines searches to prove as evidence that he was gay. For instance today I have lied multplie times (forgot how many) just to get the information I want, hence the line I uttered in the above captioned quote. I have also turned into a married woman with a 5 year old son. Quite exciting really, I can feel my heart start to race as my mind churns out various plausible storylines as fronts for such phone calls. Morally however, I think if I dropped dead on the spot now I'll be headed to hell.

I also just realised something dodgier, M/s P- didn't ask me to sign a confidentiality agreement. LOL.

No comments: