Thursday, September 03, 2009

And they could float above the grass

It feels weird thinking I have slighty over a week left before I leave Singapore. I can't even begin to imagine what it'll be like living in another country. The thought fills me with a utter terror, the thought of there being so much unknown. Yet at the same time I find this terror reassuring, that I am able to feel it and fall into it and lose myself in an entirely new city.

I am terrified, but made alive from the feeling.

-----

These past few weekends have been entirely filled with meetings. I've been trying to jam pack my schedule with people I want to see and things I want to do before I leave. On Tuesday I went with my dad to the Ministry of Manpower to pick up something. After I sat down in their nice seats, I took out David Golder and saw a red thing flash past my eyes and fly off. At first I ignored then, then I started searching my bad and realised my bandage tape was missing -_- Problem with the MOM is that they had nice individual seats with spaces underneath them, so the tape could have flown anywhere. I started searching by frantically moving the chairs about and eventually a few of the staff came to help me. Talk about being really embarrassing. In the end one of the girls spotted the tape underneath a chair I lifted, so I managed to leave the MOM with my tape and without my dignity.

After that we went to Vivocity because it was raining heavily. We had lunch then walked about a bit and went to Haw Par Villa to take pictures. It was still raining a little and there was hardly anyone about. The ten levels of hell exhibit was every bit as freaky as I remember it being. I ended up snapping only a few things. I think I got more mosquito bites than pictures. After that we went to Reflections at Bukit Chandu for a short while as they place closed at 5 p.m and ended up having Teh Tarik at Farrer Road Hawker Centre.

Today I met Mong at Raffles Hotel and we went to eat Hock Lam Beef Noodles. Om nom nom. $6.00, beef slices only, no tau gay, dry and guo tiao. I'll really miss beef noodles, urgh. Then we went to Bras Bersah where I bought stationary and we wandered about Raffles City. I bought chocolates to thank the neighbours because earlier today my brother threw a bottle of wine over into their garden -_- (this was after already setting the toaster oven on fire just an hour ago). Then Mong and I went to play l4d at Selegie. It was my first time playing, I could feel my heart rate going through the roof -______- After about an hour of playing we went to The Cathay and had the XO fried chicken thing while watching 2 girls pole dancing in Jitterbug. So dodgy. Then we had the most awesome Teh Ping and headed for home.

I still feel my heart suffering from adrenaline overdose.

No comments: