Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I won't go home with you

I feel winded. I've not talked so much and laughed so much in a day for ages. First after rushing out at 10:25 am, I met The Alchemist and Daryl at the Holland Village Starbucks. Then after The Alchemist left around 11:40+, Daryl and I headed to Orchard where I went to pick up stuff from the Derma. We then wandered over to Lucky Plaza and had Nasi Ayam Penyet and vaguely explored the area. We ended up drifting all over Orchard Road and he left me at 6:15 pm. I then went over to McCafe at Shaw to wait for Hadi, Cheam and SL Tan to appear.

McCafe is really weird. It was nice and empty when I was there, but after a while more and more people started coming. I think people were taking photos nearby because there'd be flashes of bright light occasionally which was quite irritating. The guy at the table on the upper deck next to mine however, took great offence to these flashes of light and started half shouting/ranting loudly about people shining flashlights and how irritating they were. Problem was he was by himself, so he was effectively shouting only for himself to hear. I looked at him for a while, then hid back in my book.

Met Cheam, Hadi and SL Tan at the 3rd floor of Isetan, and we headed to The Ship, followed by TCC. Going home was dodgy though because the nearest and best Taxi Stand was at Orchard Towers. It was interesting walking past them as they eyed Cheam and me, and there were lots of ang mohs around my goodness. At the Taxi Stand it occurred to me I was the only non prostitute in the queue, and from behind some ang moh guy was giving me the once over look. Wtf. I must've been the most conservatively dressed female there. I was glad Cheam was about though. This happened when we got into the taxi:

Me: Uncle, two stops. One along -, one along -
Uncle: Huh?
Silence.
Me: Uh we're not going home with each other.
Awkward silence.
Cheam and Me: UH. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

The taxi ride back was quite interesting. The Uncle was telling us stories about the prostitutes he ferries and Cheam and I were talking about related subjects to him. Good cab ride.

No comments: