Thursday, December 17, 2009

Help I'm Alive

I was always interested in history as a young girl because I strongly (or pessimistically) believe that history has a huge impact on the present - if it doesn't repeat itself over and over again, it dictates how the world behaves in the present. People, whether consciously or not, are affected by history every day of their lives.

Everyone is subject to history and everyone has their own history. I've been deliberating for a while whether I want to undertake the soul searching (or perhaps navel gazing) task of writing down my own personal history so that perhaps I may best conquer it once and for all. I am extremely wearied when I think about the life I have lived thus far and wish to make a change properly. I would like to shed all the emotional baggage and worry that I have been carrying all these years, and I can only perceive do so by writing.

We shall see.

No comments: