Thursday, December 17, 2009

My neighbourhood has changed again

I went for a run today. I ran like maybe a kilometer, a far cry from my usual 2.5km-ish route. I already felt like I was going to die. My head was throbbing while being light headed. I couldn't breathe properly and started panting. I felt soft skin chafe against my garments. I felt like vomiting when I stopped, and felt like I had blacked out for a nanosecond. I am so unfit it boggles the mind. Hopefully this is the start to me running more :/

While out running I noted how the neighbourhood had changed. Similarly when I was out yesterday with Xianyi, I noted how much and how fast Orchard Road had changed. Then there was the car ride my grandmother gave me when I first came back - an old police warehouse near 6th Avenue which had been the same since the time I was a young girl had now been completely demolished with a new construction site on the area.

Times and things have changed.

No comments: