Thursday, January 28, 2010

Elephant and Castle

So anyway I go off for tutoring today, and find a few steps away from my room that my left rubber ear bud for in-ear-earphones is missing. Okay nevermind, its a minor thing. I can always buy another one. Just ten quid, no sense getting upset.

I arrive at Harris Academy to find no one there. OKAY. Breatheinbreatheout. Call people. Get told no one is coming to Ber-fucking-mondsey (meanwhile Irvine Welsh narration comes into my head). Okay smile, go and tutor. Get stumped by questions that I have not seen in ages. Oh my son. Feel stressed. Get message from stressed Hardeep. Unload stress. SMILE.

1 hour of intellectual ego massacre passes. Try to feel better that I could answer most of the questions with the second girl. Wait for bus, get on, get kicked out at Elephant-and-fucking-Castle. Start worrying about getting stabbed. Start worrying about getting raped and robed and thrown into the shrubbery. Start worrying about getting stabbed in the face. Start thinking about yummy calming chamomile tea in room. Get stuck in jam on Waterloo bridge. Ignore old memories and The Pierce's Ruin, playing more (un)fortuitously at the same time.

Find rubber ear bud piece attachment below my desk. Type this out. Take a hot shower. Drink tea. Relax. Thereisnoplacelikehome.

No comments: