Monday, July 12, 2010

Flying Pancakes

So I've started a new job which is 9-6 (all those 9-5s we grew up hearing about are a lie), which drains me out and has the effect of rendering me almost completely antisocial. I come home, bum around for a short while, go to sleep, wake up, go to work, come home blablabla. To make my life seem even more useless, I spent at least 8 hours extra than my usual 8 hours sleep during the weekend napping.

Okay fine, I'm not that useless. I had a family dinner (Grandfather's birthday dinner on the 10th July), a brunch with Cheam and Hadi, a dinner with Steph, Ianthe, Jia Hui, Hui Ming and Samantha (and I bought two books the same night out: one very nice Guns, Germs and Steel), a lunch with Chen who came down to Singapore, a lunch with my Uncle and drinks after work with my new coworkers. Still work has the effect of making me feel very useless, like my life is passing me by and I could be doing more productive things likesay playing The Sims 3 and sleeping more.

I had to force myself to write this post. How sad is that? I really just feel like watching more Criminal Minds and hibernating from humanity.

Also, I HATE IE AND BING. I ALSO HATE MICROSOFT. I opened a document from Outlook today to edit, saved it, then spent 30 minutes getting upset looking for the file which was in some damn hidden file. It was the end of the day, I was tired, and I forgot how to look for hidden files (I did it once last week). In the end I conceded defeat, and crawled with my tail between my legs to go ask my boss who called Tech Support. Then came my next experience with remote support where my computer got controlled by some faceless person at the other end and I had to stop myself from thinking POLTERGEIST! She found the file, but I was still very upset at my wounded pride.

I then ate the massive strawberry that my colleague gave me as a reward for staying calm.

I also found this picture online, which made me laugh like crazy:

While waiting at the MRT station today to be picked up by my parents, I saw this pint sized skinny female. She looked like she was the same size I was when I was 10 or something, but she was wearing these 5 inch nude stilettos. I was looking at her and thinking whether paedophiles would be attracted to her (being tired makes me think odder thoughts) when she reached behind her skirt (mini) and unpicked her underwear wedgie. I started smirking like crazy, and burst out laughing after a while.

I need a life. Again.

No comments: