Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fuck Internships

I don't know what to do with my life.

First off, my grades are crap. No one wants to hire anyone who's managed to fuck up her First Year in Uni and get a 2:2. Nevermind that I missed it by 0.666666 marks. Fuck the rounding up and rounding down system.

Second off, the things I actually am interested in are very hard to get due to numbers. The world has too many PhDs running around clawing at academia and think tanks as it is. Even working in NGOs is hard for the same reason, too many people and too little places.

Thirdly, I can't take a job that is high stress. I simply cannot cope with stress or insomnia (which is brought about by stress anyway), because at the rate my neuroses are going, I am going to end up dead sooner rather than later - and that's just with the stress LSE brings.

Lastly, and worst of all, I have no confidence in myself at all to even go out and apply for anything. Even rubbish like HR wants applicants to have a 2:1. In the eyes of the competitive working world, I am nothing even with my shiny expensive degree from LSE and intelligence.

I hate it when people ask me about the future, because presently, I have none.

4 comments:

John Medd said...

Hey! Deep breaths. It won't always be dark at 6. Believe me. John x

Trebuchet said...

I absolutely know what you can do. Some day maybe we'll talk. :)

Suresh Rengasamy said...

just ran into your blog by chance, it's interesting and exciting, and reading this simply makes worth of my time.

keep posting...

cheers,
suresh

Karma said...

I don't know you but i was scanning other blogs and yours caught my eye (more or less because of the title)
But here's my advice:
1) People don't always care about creditials because they want people who are real.
2) If you aren't a complete idiot then show that you have some brians by applying yourself. Otherwise you'll end up hating your job and your life.
3)Other people obviously like your blog because you are real and you aren't a complete idiot (or at least it doesn't show) so put a happy face on and show the world what you got if you've got something worth showing. If not, get to the back of the line and quit complaining.

Not trying to be too harsh,
-K