Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cawston Apple and Rhubarb

A few weeks ago (in fact I might have blogged about this and forgotten), I was at Waitrose looking at UHT juices when a man who was studying the juice selection next to me suddenly turned and said 'this is very good! You ought to try it!' It was Cawston Apple and Rhubarb. I said that perhaps I would, and after that he walked off to the cereal end of the aisle. I decided there and then to be adventurous. I picked up the juice I had been studying for a while (something with guava and pineapple in it), and the Cawston Apple and Rhubarb. The Cawston juice was good, though I'm a bit mystified as to where the bit about Rhubarb came it. I expected the juice to look pinky too, but it looked like normal cloudy apple juice. Hmm.

Celebrated Tiff's birthday on Tuesday (coincidentally also Valentine's Day). She booked a room at Grange St Paul's for the night. We went to a real shit pub for dinner (we all thought it was a restaurant, that's what you get when you don't research a place I guess) and ate kevlar-grade chicken breast. What saved the night however was us walking to Tinseltown after, and HM and I shared a yummy ferrero rocher shake. We also got the birthday surprise of Tiff, and she was really embarrassed. How lovely. The MTVs were played a mix of retro songs (Spandau Ballet's True anyone?) and we sang along. Lots of Whitney Houston too. Then on the way back to the hotel Tiff booked for the night, HM and I sang the Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge. Come to think of it, I think Moulin Rouge's my most favourite romance movie. ZW, Tiff and I ended up sleeping around 2:15am, after we watched Burlesque, which was exceptionally inane. We stuffed ZW in the middle of the king size bed and slept on either side.

Amazingly I managed to wake up on time for my 9am workshop, and spent all of 12 minutes walking to LSE, stopping by at Wright's Bar to get a tea, and I was still early for my workshop. It was a nice walk, on a nice cheery morning, in the city of London. Sometimes I'm too caught up in day-to-day life to stop and remember where I really am.

No comments: