Sunday, February 12, 2012

Time Warps and Pear, Pork and White Fungus Soup

I don't know if this has ever happened to me before (for I find I am quickly losing my ability to recall things at a snap of a finger), but I find that I am often astounded to find that things that I thought happened ages ago happened mere days ago. It is all very queer. For instance I thought the Taylor Wessing ticket stub's been in my wallet for a quite some time, then I recalled that I went there with Shu just last Friday, on the same day that I was at Victoria Tower doing work. Similarly I find it almost hard to believe that yesterday morning, I had dim sum lunch with my friends. And meeting Mong, Cheryl and Cielo at Liverpool Street to munch at Breakfast Club for the whole of last Sunday's afternoon. And seeing Jia and Yihang just on Thursday when Jia came over to cook. Sometimes I don't know if it's me, or the medicine anymore. That and getting confused at the strangest of things, like misplacing passports and all. Hmm.

Yesterday I made Pear, Pork and White Fungus Soup. I left it to sort of boil overnight, mainly because there's no place to put it in the fridge. Today the soup tastes almost completely different, and the white fungus seems to have totally disappeared. It is all very, very strange.

Watched My Idiot Brother and Waitress this week. They both proved to be highly enjoyable.

No comments: