Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Carrie

I managed to spend pretty much my entire day today in bed. I just didn't feel like doing anything at all. Joaquin was busy, and the usual suspects were all gone from London (Cielo, et. all), so there went my usual sort of normality supports. I managed to nap so much in the morning, that I gave myself a backache. It's on my upper back, next to my neck, which is highly unusual. If I wasn't sleeping, I was reading The Hiding Place in bed (so far, OK a read), going to the bathroom, or eating shortbread from the fridge because I was hungry. There is also a mild possibility that I am mildly depressed again, but I can't quite tell yet.

Anyway the only thing that sort of dragged me to reality was that I'd arranged to meet with Jon at Atariya for a long overdue dinner. After stuffing our faces (I don't think I quite had my fix of sashimi though), we walked to HMV near Wardour Street and wandered about in the DVD section, and picked up a bunch of movies. After careful deliberation, Jon (the sugardaddy for the night since he's working now and gets paid) bought Osombie, RoboGeisha and Carrie. We walked back to my place, I picked up some Gu Chocolate Souffles from Waitrose and we settled down to watch Carrie on my laptop. After that, we ended up watching two episodes of an Idiot Abroad. I introduced it to Jon. We saw the Egypt episode, and I decided I wanted to show him the India episode.

Tomorrow Joaquin comes back from Kent, so perhaps it will be a more normal day.

No comments: