Sunday, November 11, 2012

Prawn Mee and Grading

After blogging earlier I realised there WAS something that I wanted, that money could buy: a subscription to The Week magazine via Pansing in Singapore. Since they're national distributers of The Week in Singapore, they also offer home delivery services too. But boy do their prices make me cry inside at $468 for a year. I guess I should just stick to buying individuals issues to read when I have the spare time.

Today for dinner we went to Zion Road Hawker Centre to eat, because my Dad really wanted to have char kway teow. I followed him when he went to order barbecued chicken wings and chanced upon a prawn mee store that I never knew existed. The store had actually yet to open but already there were two guys waiting in front. Intrigued, I went to investigate and saw lots of luscious looking raw prawns sitting in the window. Just then the shutters flew open and the men jumped up to queue, plus a woman appeared from no where and joined the queue behind them. I decided to join the queue too, and as I waited I noticed the various accolades the store had won. One of them, most notably, was from Makansutra which rated the store as 2 and a half chopsticks. LOL.

When I finally got my food, I was extremely excited. Fuelling my mood was the fact that a veritable queue had sprung up behind me in the 5 or so minutes I had waited in line. The first thing I did when I got to the table was sip the soup and whoahhh was it good and rich in prawn broth. Mmmm. I also had a stick of satay and a chicken wing too. By the time I'd finished everything, I was right and proper stuffed.

GOOD MEAL.

Came home and have been grading papers on and off till now. Such is my new life.

No comments: