Saturday, November 12, 2005

Ah, my old bones ache.

Well, 15 year old bones that is. Today the GB had their campfire and Jamie, Grace, Yihui (Huang), Vanessa (Tan), Jacqueline (kaijuuthealmighty -.-) and me went to help them out (:

It was quite disasterous on hindsight, but it was our first time doing a campfire (I can't imagine having to do it three more times!) so I guess it went pretty alright for a bunch of girls who had close to zero expierence with campfires (though Jacqueline and me had our outdoor cooking training).

The fire started to go out about 25 minutes before the actual ending of the campfire and we all started to panic, employing different devices like soaking the firewood in kerosene before adding it to the fire, but this quickly gave way to me just throwing liquid kerosene on the fire just to keep it alive.

And the weird part was when the campfire was over, we couldn't put out the flames! *()#$)($ stupid fire.

My hands still smell like kerosene. Yuk.

No comments: