Saturday, May 05, 2007

Gasp, I have just pissed away like 1 hour plus trying to figure out the html for a template, and I'm still not done yet.

Anyway today I saw The Phantom of the Opera during the matinée with my Uncle and Aunt! During the opening scene as the old stage comes to life, the stage crew had trouble with the cloths covering the stage decorations. One section got stuck and remained hanging on the right side of the stage for about a minute before a head popped out and fiddled with the cloth for a few seconds before it fell to the stage floor.

The famous chandelier scene was kind of a let down for me :/ I though it'd be more dramatic and faster somehow, but yes! It was exciting nonetheless.

Again watching Phantom made me side with Raoul and Christine, rather than the Phantom. Sure, I pitied him, but his willingness to kill, his disturbing obsession with Christine, they quite put me off him! They reminded me of this serious paranoid phrase I went through when I was Sec 3 and rejected someone :x

The high notes sung completely blew my mind. I don't believe I have ever heard such high notes being sung before, and they were repeated many times during the entire duration of the play. It pwns MGS girl screaming, if you need a benchmark on how awesomely high it was.

The scene where Christine and Raoul sing All I Ask of You was so beautiful, easily the best scene of the entire musical! There was no grand set to that scene, but it was sung so well and convincingly, the lyrics so moving and beautiful it just blew me away (:

No comments: