Saturday, December 15, 2007

I really do hate shopping. Today I was out with the mother and she was at Massismo Dutti for the approximate time of 10 minutes + 1 Fujiya & Miyagi album + 1 Los Campesinos! album. Meanwhile I sat on one of the chairs in the store and kept very still, pretending I was a mannequin. I almost lost the game however when a bored husband came and sat in the chair next to mine and kept looking at me like I was mad, waiting for me to move - I almost burst out giggling.

From my nice black leather chair I also observed how all the female shoppers there walked and even acted like predators. Their stalky sinister walking, the holding up and examining bits of clothes, surveying the room for a suitable prey. Surreal. What the hell do females do with so many clothes anyway?!

Then hours later, I ended up spending like 1 hour in Zara holding clothes for my mother even though I was damn tired and wanted to sleep. I was also really bored so I was finding all sorts of ways to amuse myself. This included me stroking the soft suede elbow patches on some knit sweaters when another bored boyfriend came along, saw me stroking the patches and proceeded to play with the patches on the black knits (I had grey). When I wandered by a few minutes later he was still playing with them.

Anyway on the upside I have more books! Hooray!

Friday with Sharyl:
Kunal Basu - Racists (This book came out late last year and I spent forever looking for it, only to be told it was out of stock!!! Then I kept forgetting the author's name -_-)
York Notes on Twelfth Night
Something Notes on King Lear

Today:
Mark Twain - Huckleberry Finn (I thought I had it, but turns out I didn't so I had to buy it for English)
Vladimir Nabokov - Mary
Ivan Turgenev - First Love
Leo Tolstoy - The Kreutzer Sonata (I just realised all 3 are Russian)
Anais Nin - Eros Unbound

The last 4 are from a wonderful new imprint of Penguin ^_^ omg I love the covers. I want to get more of the series, like Chekhov, Freud and Hardy to name a few. It's kinda pricy though, for such slim volumes, though it also means I can probably read them really fast if I want to. Meanwhile, I have a Fairbank book on China to plow through before anything else, or maybe I'll read something else first as a treat....

No comments: