Thursday, December 13, 2007

Montag was wonderful (: He was a veritable one man show, bouncing between playing his violin to tapping the cymbals and gently ticking the wind-chime like instrument dangling beneath his electronic drums (or possibly mixer). As you can tell I'm not very good at identifying instruments. A Melodie I am not.

After the end of the show (well worth the $21, even if only for an hour), Montag was hanging around taking pictures and autographing stuff. Jia Hui was all, LETS GET AUTOGRAPHS, but I felt like :x because I felt scared of going up to ask him. I also had to get her to help me buy Alone, But Not Alone because I was afraid. Of what, I don't know. If Jia Hui wasn't there, I probably wouldn't have gone and gotten an autograph even if I really wanted to, because I was afraid of asking. I felt really shy.

This started me thinking once again of who I was - who I am, who am I?

According to Nic, my reputation in school is that I'm a psychotic bitch. Unfortunately cold is not lumped into that, for that did hurt me. Then I thought a little further and realised that if people wanted to think I was a psychotic bitch, it was alright because they probably didn't know me - at least they won't be people from 5.9. My Mama says I'm very 'innocent' in a sense that I am naive. My aunt says I'm exactly like my dad and the people in the office say I'm a copy of my uncle (aunt, dad, uncle are children of Mama). So who am I really?

If I'm really a nice person, why do I do mean things and hurt others? If I believe in sacrifice, why can't I sacrifice some of me for the happiness of others? If I'm really intelligent why is it that I don't understand a single thing about Theory of Knowledge (something like Philosophy)? If I am pretty as my daddy says (but he is my daddy after all), why is it I've never been hit on, never been asked for a phone number? Oh it is a confusing mass of contradictions! Who who who are we really? Who am I really? Would Jane Goodall throw away a plastic bottle or would Steven Hawking read a Tom Clancy book?

At least I can take comfort in some things which I know is true about myself.

1. I like violins. The sound of it melts my heart and moves me, even if it is a horrible song.

2. I like young children, provided they're not bratty

3. I like foreign and/or indie films. At the same time I like stuff like (prepare yourself for the
shock :o ) Scary Movie.

4. I like people who don't like the USA. Even if they are raving mad and act like idiots. (Go Hugo Chavez, Michael Moore and
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad!)

5. I like meaningful and/or poetic lyrics. Music plays a huge role in my life, bringing me back to old memories or opening new paths for me. This is also why I hate mainstream shit now like YOZ FUCK DAYUM BITCHES HARD. Kindly explain the merit and usefulness of such music to me.

6. I don't like blood, nor blood tests. In fact I hate anything that involves drawing even a bead of blood, so even injections are !!! to me

7. I like to believe people are true and genuine even though I say that I believe that mankind is doomed to hell and everyone lies. I often end up following what I like to believe in instead.

8. I'm not pretty. The only one who ever complimented me was a pervy Japanese teacher I had, a boy who was trying to poeticise his life and a dodgy scout from a dodgy modelling agency.

9. I enjoy reading immensely, though I have yet to read as voraciously as Daryl or read the level of books he's at. I am happy muddling about with my Middlemarch with hopes to finish Crime and Punishment, War and Peace before I finish college. Ulysses will probably be when my children pop out children of their own.

10. I like passion fruit. I always buy passion fruit smints, lakerols and soap if I can find it. One day I vow to actually eat it.

11. I like green! Most shades, except sea foam green. I have no idea why. It started when I was either Sec 1 or

12. I like other deeper, autumnal shades as well like olive green, forest green, browns, berry shades, dusty rose, etc.

13. Autumn is my favourite season of the lot. Pity we don't have it here.

14. I like French even thought I don't understand more than the anglo speaking layperson. It sounds so smooth. I'd never like it enough to learn it as lessons though, I have Cantonese and Japanese to finish first.

15. I like 3s. Anything to do with them, multiples, things 3 is times by. My handphone number is an example: 9127xxxx. 9 and 1 are 3s in other forms, and 27 is 3 x 9!

16. I like to write stuff down. I get frustrated when I get ideas and can't write them down, I fear I will forget them.

17. I like Montreal. I have never been there, only heard of it, and sometimes not positively either. Somehow though, it fails to lose it's attraction to me. As a whole I prefer Canada above all other countries (my dad too he was educated there). Someone used to tell me that the 'anyways' I used to say was singlish, I later realised my dad said it too, as Canadian slang.

18. I am interested in Politics, but at the same time not so specifically. What I would really like to know is why the hell political leaders do the shit they do and why we as the voting population accept/fight it. Social psychology is interesting too.

19. Contrary to popular belief, I actually prefer polar bears over tigers. The whole lao hu shit started as a joke in Sec 1 Chinese and never died. This included writing LAO HU in large words that covered half the page for Chinese compo and saying that Singaporean population policies should take the lead from lao hu mating habits. According to my Sec 4 lao shi I was infamous in the Chinese dept. Everyone knew who I was.

20. I like sad things, sad movies, sad stories. I would love to bottle up sadness in little bottles, label it and hold them tight. As an emotion it speaks the most, means the most and somehow is so precious in my eyes. It is also one I am often familiar with, whether personally experienced or through empathy.

21. I don't like moving or running about a lot. I'm actually quite lazy, but I enjoy walking. Till I hurt my foot. Now it hurts to walk >.<

22. I like detective shows like Law and Order and Criminal Minds. I don't really like CSI very much though, I have no idea why. Pity though, since they only show the stuff I like at the oddest hours, like say 2am in the morning -________________-

23. I like the number 23. This was long before I came to ACSI and I found out Yeang's fanatical obsessions with it. My register number in Sec 2 was 23, and I put 23 as the age I'd like to get married at. Since then I always had a fondness of the number. Nothing more :x

And ta dah. 23 things I know for sure about myself, even if I really don't know myself (I have half a mind to ask Alchemist to do this too, but 23 is quite a bit - perhaps your favourite number? You can pretend it's 5 if you like). I also know another thing, that early doctor's appointment + insomnia + Montag = tired. Goodnight.

No comments: