Sunday, November 02, 2008

Personally, the experience of the IB exams (preparation and all), is so different from that of the O level exams that well, honestly it doesn't feel like I'll be sitting for the biggest and most important exam of my life in 5 days.

In the month running up to the O levels, I was studying in school everyday with Estelle, Dawn and Jacqueline. We would usually hide in one of the rooms in the library, where it was less cold. In between, I'd pop out to see teachers almost everyday, from my SS teacher, to my Geog teacher, to my Lit teacher and even the Math teacher. This time however, the only teacher I've consulted so far was the Econs teachers, and man does that make me feel like I'm slacking now.

Similarly with about 1 week to go to the exams, a feeling of 'OMG I'm so sick of studying, let's get this over with!' crept into my consciousness. Now it's 'Eh I have an exam next week? Really?' and 'OMG I'm so sick of studying because it's been one endless stream of exams since June'. Oh gosh -_-

It's a little terrifying to think that I still feel so nonchalant to towards the IB exams. Sure, I worry about individual subjects like English, but the idea of IB exams approaching as a whole has completely abandoned me. Nevermind that I know they are approaching, the idea just hasn't been fully integrated into my consciousness yet. This however, might be some sort of clever unconscious ploy by my psyche that I'm not fully aware of. Part of the reason why I did badly for the prelims was that I was so stressed out and worried that I couldn't sleep or eat well and felt perpetually sick during the exams. It got to a point where I just stopped writting in the middle of exams to rest because I felt like fainting. So maybe this is a clever ploy, like by being unaware, I feel less stressed. Who knows.

Whatever it is, damnit, I'm no where as well prepared as I was for the O levels. Oh well.

No comments: