Sunday, November 23, 2008

Running is like blogging. Once you stop and accumulate lots of fat, you don't feel like running anymore because there is so much more effort needed to get back to prime condition. And I am a lazy person. NYEH.

-----

IB Exams ended on Thursday, 10:00 am on the 20th of November for me. This is an idea of the physical mess is created:

November 3rd


November 16th

November 20th


GOODBYE MESS! YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED AT ALL.

-----

As some of you might have noted, I was dealing with a hypocritical troll on my tagboard (hello troll if you see this, I do believe you need a better use of time - may I suggest volunteer work so you can do some soul searching?) during this period as well. I chose to not carry out any action, choosing to see what happens. The results brought tears to my eyes, both of an amused and sentimental nature.

"SC(A)
yo melodie! exams almost over! time for tequila!

anonymouse
Dear SC(A), why you say time for tequila. you elitist bastard bear dog. is jolly shandy not good enough for your ass. huh huh huh. i am a mccain man

anonymouse
actually i would say that the ULTIMATE drink would be the bacardi breezer. such a kick, unbeatable high. its INSANE

SC(A)
what a fag you are anonymouse. what a coward hiding behind an unidentifiable internet name. i dare you to reveal your true identity and challenge me to a drinking contest of the fearsome breezers.

SC(A)
face to face if you dare!

anonymouse
oh you elitist brog (beardog), using such great poly-syllabic words like unidentifiable and internet. why you not say iDuNkNoWz and wEbZ.

FloopyDick
*Flip**Flop**squirt*

anonymouse
that would have been more normal and less upper-crust. ooh i despise the way you subtly look down on people like us. tsk. (i am unafraid of these radical alcoholik, i am a true gangsta) yo yo yo

anonymouse
ah FloopyDick, what a stroke of genius. HAH GEDDIT STROKEE OF GENIUS LIKE STROKEEEEE ( @i hAv sUcH gR8t sEnZ oF hUmoUrZz)

FloopyDick
the world use dvd now. no space for my floppy dicks. my size too small.

pohkee
did i hear somebody say floopy dicks?"

I'll really miss the madness during Math Studies.

-----

On Thursday after the paper, I met with Daryl, Kaijun and Chong Wee at the Spaceframe. We then ended up taking a cab to Raffles City, because Kaijun is a bum/the bus stop was exploding. There, we ended up bumming around various locales like the really fail toy showcase on the 3rd level. They sold fake doll food for $10! Can you believe it? $10 will buy you plenty of real life food, much less fake doll food -____- what a damn waste of money.

After a while, Sir Brythain came and we went to Sushi Tei for lunch. (I feel like listing, so I'm going to start now)
- I ended up distributing the Salmon Roe that came with my rice to everyone
- The Tuna sashimi was really good
- We had some interesting pineapple and chocolate dessert
- Sir Brythain treated all of us (thank you Sir!)
- Sir Brytahin regaled us with lots of dodgy humourous stories about previously unknown school life
- We walked from Raffles City to Takashimaya's Kinokuniya
- Played word games alone the way like thinking of words that had 'wwo' and the like in them (which I was fail at)
- Kinokuniya had 20% discount for members, so I bought 5 books :D
- Then we wandered to Borders, where I bought 2 more books
- After Sir Brythain left us, we wandered over to Mos Burger to bum
- At 4pm we all started to leave for home


So this is the sum total of books I was acquired in recent months that I have not posted about:

1) Everything is Illuminated (reading this now)
2) The Decameron (also reading this)
3) Genome (non-fiction)
4) Canterbury Tales
5) In the Country of the Young
6) Every Visible Thing
7) Forgive Me
8) Love in the Asylum (finished reading it on Friday)
9) The White Tiger
10) Prozac Nation
11) The Memory Keeper's Daughter
12) Jim Giraffe
13) The Corrections
14) World Without End

15) My Mistress' Sparrow is Dead (also reading halfway/not in the picture)

----

At night I was out with my classmates to drink at Angel's Share. Everyone in our group chose the Free Flow option, for S$47 (+ tax). As usual when you have teenagers and alcohol, you have wasted people. Time time it was Lex, Mong and Nic who were wasted. Cheryl appeared to be wasted - but she kept protesting she wasn't. Not sure what to make of that.

I had 4 1/2 drinks because I didn't want to get drunk. The first was a mojito, then a black russian (which I hated and gave to Nic), a peach margarita which was really nice and sweet, a sex on the beach - which was also really nice and finally a tequila sunrise. I ended up being the person who drank the 2nd least, the person drinking the least being JLC. Which is good, because we both escaped unscathed from Hangover Hell.

Then Chun Wui, Elliot, Lex and I took a cab home. After we dropped Lex off, he apparently had some druken encounter with the guard, which I found really amusing. So oh well. So that's it. The end of IB with a night of random drinking and failed drinking games.

-----

On Saturday I went with my parents and brother to his school to buy new uniforms for him. As usual he started to act up from having to wait around, so after his measurements were finally taken I brought him outside to sit on a bench. After a while, he stood up and pulled me gently to the side. As I stood up and followed him, he led me to a playground that was hidden at the side. There, he sat on the swing and I joined him. As I was swinging away in a swing that was way too small for me to sit in, I started to think about how long ago it was that I played in a playground. I felt old and young at the same time. The thought of university scared me.

My brother stopped and went over to the rest of the jungle gym, so I climbed up and joined him. I tried to play with the monkey bars and epic failed. As I nursed my aching joints, I felt a bit sad, because in Primary school I used to be really good at the monkey bars! Giving up recess time to go play on them. One time the bar came loose and I fell down. That really hurt. I was snapped out of my reminiscing by my brother sliding down the slide, so I jumped down and went to sit on the see saw. As I was bouncing around (it was one of those with the springs) my brother came on joined me on the other side. He was so heavy that the see saw became lop sided, and it took a great effort for me to bounce him up on the other side. I felt a bit weirded out, because it hit home that my brother was now physically larger than me, even if he lacked about 10+ years of mental development to balance it out.

Prompted by a phone call from my mother, I led him back to the bench area. Waiting there however, he got bored again and pulled me along. What followed next was quite interesting, because it is unprecedented in the behaviour of my brother. From leading me to the playground, he now led me to the bike area where there were some small DMX bikes and he climed on to play with them. So I tried to join him, and failed because the bikes were too small -_________-

Then he stopped and led me upstairs. At the 2nd level however, there was a grille blocking entry. After I told him it was locked, he led me back down and to another staircase near the general office. It turned out to be open. He then headed for the computer room and opened the door where there was some people around. After about a minute there, he led me out again and down the corridor to where the bathrooms were. He tried the locked grilled staircase again, then walked back to play with the cold water from the water cooler. Finally he led me back to the computer room area and we took a lift down where my father was now waiting with the car.

The thing so unusual about this was that my brother seemed to be showing me around his school, like telling me 'This is my school! I want you to see it!' without speaking at all. For someone with an IQ of 50, this is an incredible feat because it shows both intellectual and emotional cognitive thinking- and I had never seen such a side of my brother before. The whole experience left me feeling touched and 'AWWWW!'-ing internally.

Then today he threw and epic tantrum, scratched my arm and tried to bite me twice. Bye bye tender feeling.

-----

I really need to sleep.

No comments: