Monday, November 30, 2009

I want to use the words "dodgy tactics" but I think I'll get marked down for that

The clock on my desk says 2:15 am. It is really 1:15 am. I have not been able to reset my cheap Argos LED clock from daylight savings over a month ago. I keep pressing the buttons, but the little metal connectors inside refuse to yield. I am stuck in an artificial timezone every half split of a nanosecond every time I glance at the clock and have to minus off an hour. I feel like when I do this, I have lost part of my reality. I feel slightly disconnected. Which is not too bad of course, if it's really 1:17 am in the morning and you can hear the slightly-stuffed-nose breathing of your roommates as they sleep, bless their souls, but you're up doing your History essay on the Spanish Armada.

It's supposedly -5 degrees Celsius out tonight. Reality now has certainly become very detached from the things that I used to know.

No comments: