Tuesday, February 09, 2010

My Tomato Days


Today as I was walking back from EH101, I found a tomato mysteriously lying in the gutter along the side of Bloomsbury Park. My first instinct as with all interesting and unusually placed objects is to pick it up. As I leaned down to pick it up, I started thinking about throwing it against a tree to watch it explode. Then it occurred to me that there were too many people around and that I might get into trouble. It was just as well because upon touching the tomato I realised it was too firm and probably would just bruise itself. Poor tomato. I wonder how it ended up lying in the gutter. Probably fell out of someone's shopping.

Anyway I held on to the tomato as I walked back, occasionally stopping to toss it about. I got funny stares from people, but I just kept walking. When I reached back to my dorm, I knew what I was going to do with the tomato. I addressed it to the resident womaniser (or manslut) of the dorm who happened to share the same surname as me (and thus I had access to his mailbox) and left a nice little note. Ohohoho.

The sun is out again today, and I kept bumping into people I know in school. That helped cheer me up (: But, today is yet another long day. Who knows what else may happen?

1 comment:

nova-ex said...

omfg NICE