Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I feel tired

So the exams are over, meaning I have lots of free time. However the end of exams also means all the shit that I have been putting off doing suddenly needs! to! be! done! I am glad however that today I managed to get quite a few errands done.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th)
...were melded into one big exhausted ball of exhaustion thanks to 3 exams, one after the other. It was spent half studying and talking over things with Chris Rowley, J. Hahn, Aneesh, Anu and Hwa Young and half being exhausted (on Tuesday after what must have been 3 panic attacks in one day, I just hit the limit of where I was too tired to panic any longer).

I met random friendly faces and chatted a bit here and there - found out amusingly that all my classmates think I'm a really calm and carefree person - mainly because I just plain gave up on GV100. I had lots of tea, lots of painkillers and sleeping pills at night. My eyes were dark circles.

At random intervals during my last exam, I'd daydream mid sentence and mid thought about how I was going to be free in just a few hours, and all the lovely free things I'd do. Phwosh. And then I was free, chatted a bit to Ashraf who was in the same examination room as me, oddly enough, and then set off to meet Anu, Zoe, Aneesh and Hwa for a pint and a pir at Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese. We wandered back to LSE after and I had a G&T in the Three Tuns. I walked back, packed and showered to meet Christoph for dinner at his place. He ended up bring me to (I think) Le Pont de la Tour for dinner at Butler's Wharf, and then we walked back to his place.

Saturday and Sunday
...was spent sleeping a lot. Thank goodness. I also cooked stir fry here and there.

Monday
...I went to meet Jia at South Kensington to finally see the Grace Kelly exhibit, which was a bit smaller than expected. She followed me to Piccadilly Circus because I wanted to return some stuff to Uniqlo, and we ended up shopping there and at H&M up the street. We also turned a corner around Glasshouse Street and found a random enclave of Japanese foods supermarket and resturants. We also found a European Bookstore which sold only non-English European languages books. We ended up buying sushi and edamame and ate it leaning outside the Aquascutum store on Regent's Street. We walked back towards Goodge Steet and went to Tesco to buy some juice. As she wanted to rush off, she left early. A minute later I rounded the corner and she was there, so we ended up talking again.

I then headed back to my dorm and washed up, getting ready to leave for Aldgate East for Deborah's party. Christoph picked me up at the tube station and we walked to her place. Didn't really know many people, and was tired so I sat in a corner and talked to Christoph and Nikolai while drinking. Started blowing up balloons. After feeling a bit tipsy, I decided to hide in the kitchen and randomly had a conversation with another girl called Natalia who was about to leave. I put a corkscrew in the fridge because I thought it was funny, and decided to wash the dishes and broke one when it slipped from my soapy hands >:( I also saw real Tom and Jerry like mousetraps. Was in mild awe. Then I took a spatula and tapped the trap and it snapped shut, just like in the cartoons!

I decided I was probably being a bit too destructive, so I went back to the main living area and talked to Lawrence for like 20 minutes on National Service and Education - which kind of astounds me because all I wanted was to sleep. Then I realised Christoph was being tipsy, which meant I needed to sober up. I can't remember what I did to sober up. Midnight came, and so did his Birthday Wishes, and then we left with another girl who happened to stay in Elephant and Castle.

Elephant and Castle is one of the dodgiest neighbourhoods in London. Already around Liverpool Street which was dodgy enough, at a lit bustop along the main road and waiting for 100, a man dressed in a yellow track suit and bottoms came by asking us repeatedly for cigarettes. Dodgy enough, but he went away after a short while. When we arrived back at Elephant and Castle, we walked her back. Just as we were about to turn into her estate along Browning Street, some black guy (God I feel so racist for saying this, but it was true) turned around a corner and started following us, shouting "Hey are all of you together?" repeatedly. We ignored him and took the long way around in to her estate. This was around 1-2am in the morning, in the London ghetto and in a dark and quiet-er residential area with no one around.

I was totally freaked out. On the way out, I kept looking behind because there were lots of small unlit alleyways on the side where someone could hide. It didn't help that the area was not lit properly as well. This was the first time I felt really unsafe in London, and I was quite shaken. We walked back towards Falmouth Road, and stopped for fried chicken on the way, om nom nom.

TuesdayAte at Dragon City along Walworth Road as a very late lunch and was completely stuffed. The dim sum and Chinese food there is seriously better than any joint in Chinatown and is very comparable to Singapore. Then walked with Christoph to Blackfriar's bridge, stopped along a coffee shop at the Oxo tower and had ice cream and a drink. We did half of the South Bank walk, and I took some pictures. Then, we walked across to Embankment, to a bar chain which I now forget for drinks and a burger with friends.

WednesdayToday I did a crapload of errands. Exchanged money for tomorrow's trip as a very bad rate, urgh, went to the real estate agent's to hand in money, had lunch with Ashraf at Assa, picked up some medicine from Boot's in Euston and went to buy a stamp for a long overdue card for my Dad.

I need to do the laundry.

No comments: