Saturday, June 19, 2010

Last night in Passfield Hall

Last night was the last night I spent in Passfield Hall. Hardeep said this to me last night as we hung about, but I felt really tired to think much about it, but this was the first thought on my mind as I woke up to an eyeful of luggage and boxes. It is the last day here.

I think of how much I longed to get out of this place, especially in the Lent Term of school (Jan - March), but now realise I have slipped into indifference. I love how looking for people is always easy, but at the same time being in a dorm fills you with a sense of loneliness especially when your friends are busy/out travelling. Last night I ate dinner alone (very rare for me) and I brought a book as a companion. As I chewed the unappetising fish and stared at the blank wall ahead, I thought about random scattered thoughts while trying to push off that old lonely fear again. But then after dinner, I got up and went into the TV room where lots of recognisable (and some friendly) faces were watching England vs Algeria. I sat down to watch too.

After the match, I was left frustrated with England more than anything else. The lonely feeling was gone. I hung about and talked to people. I went back to my room for a bit, showered, then came back down to talk to more people. I discovered yet another person was leaving LSE for good. I discovered you need to eat 6 eggs a week to get all your Vitamin B12, and I discovered that Guinness is the alcohol with the least calories at 170. I thought about how I ought to being more responsible and cook healthy food next year.

I thought about next year.

No comments: